A new list has been released that ranks the world’s top 10 busiest airports for the year 2021.
According to new rankings announced Monday, US airports accounted for eight of the top ten busiest hubs across the world last year, as domestic leisure travel replaced some of the world’s biggest international hubs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
O’Hare was ranked fourth on the list issued by Airports Council International, with over 54 million passengers in 2021.
With 75.7 million passengers last year, Delta Air Lines hub Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, which was the world’s busiest before the epidemic, maintained its top spot on the Airport Council International’s preliminary list for 2021.
With 62.6 million passengers, American Airlines’ Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport came in second.
Here are the 2021 rankings (with 2019 rankings in parentheses):
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (1)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (10)
- Denver International Airport (16)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (6)
- Los Angeles International Airport (3)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport, in Charlotte, North Carolina (34)
- Orlando International Airport (31)
- Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, in Guangzhou, China (11)
- Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, in Chengdu, China (24)
- Harry Reid International Airport, in Las Vegas (30)