There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines! We’re on a path towards becoming the best and largest airline in the history of aviation and have made huge strides in the areas of employee engagement, customer service and experience, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Today, United has over 23,000 active flight attendants. With the unique ability to see the world while working, it’s no surprise that flight attendant jobs are highly desired. We do not require special schooling or a college degree for this job and you will be fully trained by United.
Travel: Fly around the world on United for free and bring your loved ones!
Outstanding Benefits: 401(k), health/dental/vision insurance and an Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family. Paid time off for sick and vacation. A payment plan is available to purchase initial uniform and luggage.
Starting pay of $28.88/hour with top of base scale at $67.11/hour: Seniority based pay raises increases and additional compensation for language skills, lead positions, and international trips.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- 20 years of age or older at time of application
- High school diploma or equivalent; 2 or more years of college preferred
- Experience in service industry (such as customer, retail, hospitality, food, aviation, safety, social service, healthcare/medical position or military)
- Effective communication is crucial in the event of high-stress situations such as aircraft evacuation, security threats, delays, medical emergencies, severe weather conditions, and turbulence.
- Professional appearance, excellent grooming standards, and willingness to follow uniform, hair, tattoo and piercing guidelines
- Ability to proficiently operate electronic devices (phones, tablets, laptops, etc.) for the completion of required tasks
- Possession of valid U.S. passport or foreign passport with applicable visas and eligibility to travel globally without restrictions
- English language proficiency; second languages such as Hebrew, Hindi, Dutch, Italian, Greek, Japanese and German are an asset.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, stoop, stretch, reach, lift heavy objects (such as luggage to overhead bin or window exit) and push and pull beverage cart (up to 250 lbs.)
- Ability to vertical reach at least 82 inches in order to obtain safety-related equipment
- Ability to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened
- Expectation to serve and/or sell food and beverages in diligent and professional manner
Flight attendant trainees must successfully demonstrate an evacuation drill in the water (pool) during training.
- Please be advised that the above is not the official overview of qualifications/requirements of the position.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be willing to complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, comprehensive background checks, fingerprinting, and vision/hearing tests
Photo by: @united